Above is a Oriental Style Tiger Tattoo done by our Resident Tattooist, Glenn Tan. Motifs used in Oriental Style Tattoos are deep in symbolism and often carry hidden meaning for the person. For Fighting Spirit there is the Tiger, Dragon is the Protector, Snake is for the Changing Person, Hawk is for the Bosses who want to Soar High above his business competitors. The movement of the subject matter and the background of the tattoo tells a story too. Take this custom-sketched tiger tattoo for example. After a short discussion with the client who is a young Singaporean Entrepreneur, Glenn drew the tiger running downhill and jumping into water to symbolize the client have finished his "learning" and out to make a mark in the society. The hooking tail of the tiger symbolize it is ready and welcome all challenges. The bamboo in the background symbolize ever growing and prosperity, as bamboo is a fast growing plant and the ancient Chinese had found countless uses for bamboo from building houses to making chopsticks..
Please contact us to get your dream Oriental Style Tattoo if you are interested..
Over 90% of inquiries coming to us are asking for quotation. More than half of them ended up tattooing in cheaper or the cheapest tattoo parlors In Singapore. Check out this documentary to find out did they made the right decision.
Having a tattoo done properly by a professional, talented and hygienic tattoo artist is only half the battle, proper tattoo aftercare is needed to ensure the tattoo heals wells and the tattoo ink stays. Below is some steps to take care of tattoos after tattooing..
The first steps in aftercare should be provided by the actual tattoo artist and then further instructions provided to the client for self-care.
To be done by the tattoo artist with clean gloves :
(1) After the tattooing process is complete the tattoo area should be cleaned completely with Green Soap / Dettol mixture and then paper dried thoroughly. This should be followed up with a heavy coat of Bacitracin Ointment / Triple Antibiotic Ointment / Vaseline. At this time, the tattoo artist must cover the tattoo area with appropriate padding/plastic wrap and have to tape it down.
*The purpose of the dressing firstly is to protect the new tattoo from filth, bacteria and other infectious matter that may come into contact with the freshly done tattoo. Secondly, a freshly done tattoo will seep small amount of blood and lymph fluid for about 3-5 hours, with a dressing on it does not dry up and turning into a scab.
(2) Next the client will need to be instructed in how to tattoo aftercare to ensure everything goes smoothly once he or she leaves the tattoo studio. Be sure to tell them not to remove the bandage until 3-5 hours after the tattooing process is complete and remind them the date of their next appointment in case of a touch-up session is needed..
To be done by the tattoo client.
(1) After leaving the tattooed area wrapped for 3-5 hours. The tattooed area must be washed and cleaned; however, this should done only with running water with clean hands rubbing gently on it (No soap). After the area has been washed it should be blotted dry and then allowed to rest for at about 5-10 minutes.
(2) After washing and cleaning apply a very thin layer of any of the below items to the tattooed area every 4-12 hours till the tattooed area stop swelling and dried up in 2-3 days time.. One should always do a batch test by applying a small amount of the below items on a small area of the tattooed area for at least 15 minutes. If allergic reactions appeared immediately stop applying them, wash the tattooed area clean and contact your tattoo artist for further instructions.
Bepanthen Nappy Rash Ointment
Tattoo Goo Ointment
Pure Aloe Vera Gel
(3) After the tattooed area stopped swelling and dried up in 2-3 days time. The tattooed area will flake dry skin for 14-28 days.
When the tattooed area is flaking dry skin apply a very thin layer of any of the below items to the tattooed area every 6-12 hours to keep the tattooed area moist. One should always do a batch test by applying a small amount of the below items on a small area of the tattooed area for at least 15 minutes. If allergic reactions appeared immediately stop applying them, wash the tattooed area clean and contact your tattoo artist for further instructions.
Please note that by keeping the tattooed area moist will prevent the colours of the tattoo from running and reduce itchiness..
Bepanthen Nappy Rash Ointment
Tattoo Goo Ointment
100% Baby Oil
(4) Please note that when the tattooed area is flaking dry skin in the 14-28 days period most people will feel itch. One should wear loose fitting clothes specially when the tattoo is around the waist line or leg to avoid irritation. If scabs appears never pick the scabs to prevent scaring !
Avoid exposing the tattoo to water unnecessarily. It is recommended to shower rather than soaking in bathtub to prevent the tattoo from being over-exposed to water. Do not use any products that are not meant for / are not recommended as aftercare for tattoos as they can cause allergic rash or cause a burning sensation.
Lastly, avoid exposure to sunlight, dust, pollution, out-door sports, sea water, swimming pool water etc, till the tattoo heals completely after 28 days or at least for 14 days .
(5) When the tattoo heals completely after 28 days if any imperfections appeared contact your tattoo artist as soon as possible for a touch-up session.
(6) At any point of time during the healing period one should always consult his/her tattoo artist / doctor should there be any problem with the tattoo.. Not asking their friends or newbies to tattooing etc to avoid injuries or damaging the tattoo.
FAMILIAR STRANGERS Tattoo Studio (Singapore)
Walk-in Consultation & Tattooing :
Monday - Saturday at 3pm -8pm.
Shop Address :
20 Upper Circular Road, The Riverwalk,
#01-10, Singapore 058416.
(Next To Clarke Quay MRT, NE5)
SMS / Whatsapp : +65 97604147
All rights reserved by FAMILIAR STRANGERS ( Singapore ROC 53162516L ). Terms and Conditions apply.